Behind Blue Eyes

Thanks for dropping by!

Friday, February 04, 2005

Finally Ready for the New Year!

The first month of a new year… sounds like it should be the most motivating. Really, I think we should save New Year resolutions for February and leave January to what it’s truly for. Procrastination!

I did manage an interesting horoscope. It told me I should “think globally, and act locally”. I like that. Focuses my responsibility to things I can have an impact on. Like involvement with the Lisa Ross Parker Foundation. Please check out the website at www.lrpfoundation.org. I think it’s the best one I’ve done so far.

January was pretty quiet. Sterling did learn how to play though. Amazing really! He chases a little toy mice around. It only took him 10 human years (do cat’s celebrate cat years?) to figure out he’s a cat. Although, I have to say I think he has also learned how to say hello.

We did take the Grand Ole Opry cruise to the Bahamas, St. Thomas & St. Maarten. It was nice to be in warm weather, but honestly I was happy to spend a week close to the ocean. Being land locked too long does something to the salt in my blood. I loved St. Maarten. We sat in little sidewalk cafes and pretended we were french.

I have two picks for you this month:

1. Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West – Gregory Maguire *** It’s the story of The Wizard of Oz told by the Wicked Witch of the West – I LOVED IT!

2. The Amateur Marriage – Anne Tyler *** Having had an amateur marriage myself I could really relate to the characters. A wonderful read.

Happy resolution keeping!

Tami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home