Behind Blue Eyes

Thanks for dropping by!

Friday, May 06, 2005

Thoughts...

From a wanna-be mom on mother's day

I love projects! I love planning out all the details and organizing the who's and the what's. I enjoy reading everything I can about my latest interest and I love sharing everything I learn with my friends. I'm skilled at note taking and a master of the to-do list. So when we starting planning for a baby I was surprised to learn that getting pregnant isn't always as easy as our high school teachers led us to believe. In fact it can take a lot more than planning, it can take a miracle.

The minute I started thinking about wanting a child I found myself surrounded by pregnant women. First it was just the women at the grocery story, then it spread to my friends and now when I leave the house - I see them everywhere.

My friends tell me that the minute I find out I'm pregnant my world will change and my head will fill with "crazy" thoughts and ideas. Right now I'm hoping that all the magic of my mother's knowledge will pass onto me. Like most of my friends, when I was very young I thought mom knew everything. When I was a teenager I thought mom knew nothing Now every time I try to fold a fitted bed sheet I think she is a genius.

My mom is my hero! She is fearless in the pursuit of things that amuse her, and I love that about her. Her glass is always half full, she always sees the silver lining and she never takes herself too seriously. She is a shining example of what I hope to be.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Recommended Reading:
In honor of my mother's maiden name, No Great Mischief by Alistair MacLeod
For those fellow wannabes,
Belly Laughs - The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home