Behind Blue Eyes

Thanks for dropping by!

Friday, July 15, 2005

Sweating the Small Stuff

Hello, my name is Tami and I sweat the small stuff!

I understand it’s an addiction mostly because I enjoy it so much. I spend hours a day creating worse case scenarios so I can spend hours a night creating exit plans. I currently have an exit plan for every room in my house that has been carefully and flawlessly executed… in my head.

I spend too much time thinking about tomorrow, sometimes forgetting about my “to do” list for today. I’m concerned that if I don’t do everything on my “to do” list that I’ll turn into a procrastinator. The last thing on my “to do” list is to make a “to do” list for tomorrow.

I worry that after my death my journals will be discovered and all honorable mentions will come and desecrate my grave… so I refuse to be buried. Instead I’ve given up all cigarettes and alcohol in an attempt to live forever. Of course a person such as myself always has a plan B.

It’s in my biological make-up to worry about the most insane things. I come from a long line of small stuff sweaters. For a while I tried to kick the habit. Invested in all the latest fads and read a library full of self-help books. I basically discovered that I’m a junkie who’s always looking for her next fix. I’ll even take a huge problem and break it into small parts not so it’s easy to solve, but so I can savor the sweating of each individual piece…

Today I am giving notice that I have fallen off the wagon and have embraced my addiction… yes I sweat the small stuff but I think its just a symptom of a skilled problem solver!

Recommended Reading:
I've been enjoying reading about the Mayfair Family Witches, an Ann Rice series I missed during my horror phase... however my recommendation takes another avenue.
The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success - Andy Andrews
It allows us to follow David Ponder on a miraculous journey through time as he meets with some of the greatest minds in history. It's a quick read, inspiring, funny and insightful.

Safe Travels,
Tami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home